Our Students Make A Difference
The graduate experience in the Ecology and Evolutionary Biology program of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) is dynamic and rewarding. Students work closely with faculty and collaborators to develop novel research products. Scientific approaches are very diverse, including field projects, laboratory experiments, mathematical modeling, theory development, computational biology, bioinformatics, and meta-analysis.
Graduate students have access to top-tier research facilities such as greenhouses, mass-spec facilities, supercomputers, and the UC Natural Reserve System. The department strives for a graduate community with positive work-life balance that prioritizes mental health and professional development.
The graduate culture values diversity and inclusion as guiding principles that enhance the research and training experience for everyone. Many graduate students are also leaders in science policy, science communication, and advocacy for the application of ecology and evolutionary biology to address societal problems.
- Quantitative Methods
- Writing Grant Proposals
- Special Topics in Ecology
- Pop Dynamics in Ecology, Epidemiology, and Medicine
- Special Topics in Evolution
- Puzzles in Modern Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Ecology View 1257 other Masters in Biology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of California, Irvine (UCI) and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants must submit a completed application form, copies of all postsecondary transcripts, and three letters of recommendation.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Internet-based Test (iBT) or a paper-based test (PBT) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required of all applicants whose primary language is not English. Foreign applicants wishing to be considered for a first-year teaching assistant appointment must also submit results for one of the approved English proficiency exams (TSE, TOEFL iBT, IELTS or UCI Campus SPEAK exam).
International33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
National33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18517 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.