The Data Analytics and Business Computing programs from NYU Shanghai offers a broad yet rigorous curriculum in business (finance, marketing, revenue management, operations), data science (statistics, econometrics, data mining, data visualization), and management science (optimization, stochastic modeling, simulation).
We emphasize both quantitative and technical methods and their applications in different functional areas in business. Students will benefit from the extensive industry experience of our faculty and seasoned professionials in the field.
- Develop data-analytic thinking and acquire knowledge of various quantitative and technical methods to make better business decisions and derive values.
- Learn how to effectively deal with vast amounts of data through the whole data management process, from the initial data acquisition to the final data analysis and presentation.
- Learn various methods and techniques to analyze data to generate business insights and to build predictive models to forecast and simulate future outcomes.
- Learn how to formulate business problems as formal mathematical models and obtain optimal solutions to the formulated models.
- Develop practical skills in programming using programming languages such as Python and R.
- Learn how to apply data analytics, data management and data-driven decision making skills across various functional areas of an organization, including Finance, Marketing and Operations.
- Machine Learning for Business
- Advanced Topics in Machine Learning
- Network Analytics
- Marketing Analytics
- Capstone Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Deadlines: October 15, December 15 and January 31
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 67 other Masters in Computer Sciences in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at NYU Shanghai and/or in China, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application Checklist
- Pre-enrollment Requirements
- Standardized Tests
- Transcripts and Degrees
- Professional Information
- Recommendation Letter
- International Student Supplement (if applicable)
- Application Fee
International68400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 68400 USD per year during 12 months.
National68400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 68400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Shanghai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.