The Data Science and Engineering programme of University of Liège aims to develop the following skills:
- Mastery of the underlying science (in applied mathematics, computer science and artificial intelligence, etc.);
- Ability to use IT tools;
- Knowing how to develop a solution in a real world environment;
- Ability to carry out a cost-benefit analysis;
- Understanding of legal and societal implications.
A common core made up of classes:
- in computer sciences, applied mathematics and the fundamentals of data science (domputational theory, digital optimisation, artificial intelligence, machine learning);
- in management;
- and in law (focused on artificial intelligence, data and robots).
A choice of electives:
- in computer sciences;
- in applied mathematics;
- in bioinformatics;
- and in management.
A Final Dissertation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the theory of computation
- Introduction to numerical optimization
- Information and coding theory
- Introduction to machine learning
- High-dimensional data analysis
- Large-scale data systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
International deadline: 30.04
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 3 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor degree
- Identity card (for students from the European Union and assimilated student) OR Certificate of nationality or certificate of residence established in Belgium (for non-European Union students not assimilated)
- Supporting documents if you have done an extracurricular year
- Additional supporting documents after having already been enrolled in another university or university college
- TOEFL or IELTS if the language of instruction is English
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.