The UN expects the world population to reach ten billion by 2050, with two thirds of people living in cities. At the same time, natural resources are becoming scarcer.
Access to food, land, clean water, and reliable energy will become increasingly challenging. While this creates material tensions, such a situation also presents significant opportunities to create innovative sustainable industries.
Creating radically new businesses and jobs that make profit with purpose whilst addressing economic, environmental and societal challenges requires two key skills: creativity and business acumen. Developing these two skills is the role of the Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Design double degree programme offered by The Sustainable Design School with SKEMA.
Students will acquire skills
Master contextual research and collaboration in the field of sustainability
- Integrate eco-stewardship methodologies with professional scenarios
- Apply sustainable principles and methods to design innovative solutions that meet the needs of the present while maximizing the positive impact on the future
- Master the commercial mindset required to transform ideas into new viable businesses
- Analyse a new venture idea from multiples perspectives
- Increase your chances of success by mastering business models and business plans
There are many examples of successful entrepreneurial companies built using design to create a competitive advantage (e.g. Airbnb or Apple). McKinsey recently reported that large, traditional corporates which are design-focussed companies outperform their peers both in terms of revenue growth and in total return to shareholders.
Graduates of this MSc will find opportunities to pursue careers as:
- Entrepreneurs in sustainable industries
- Intrapreneurs for large corporates which emphasise corporate social responsibility
- Incubator advisors
- Business developers in positive impact start-ups
The M.Sc. Entrepreneurship & Sustainable Design is recognised by the CGE (Conférence des Grandes Ecoles) and has the French visa from the ministry of education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Eco-system of Innovation
- Building a Digital Business
- New Ventures & Business Plan
- Market Research
- Sustainable Innovation from a Business Perspective
- Effectual Strategic Marketing
Employability & Career
Innovative Design Contextual Research
Sustainable Design Innovation and Strategy
Sustainable Design Futures, Trends and Innovation
Creation of Services, Interfaces and Experiences
Design for Sustainability
Facilitating Creative Thinking
Sustainable Design Leadership
Discovery and Insight
- Design Thinking & Human Factors
The lecturers all have academic background together with professional experience. In general the lecturers are native English speakers.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Entrepreneurship Sustainable Development View 25 other Masters in Sustainable Development in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The applicants need to have done a former Bachelor degree in four years (240 ECTS). The former study fields can be various: Design, Art, Business, Management, Tourisme, Engineering, Sciences.
All the following documents are necessary for your application:
A completed application form with photo
- 2 recommendation letters
- CV and Cover letter
- Transcript of records of the previous year
- Copy of passport
- Language certificate or short letter from language teacher (English or French)
International25000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA25000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Nice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.