Combining marketing management and communication skills with design innovation, the education model of this Food Design and Innovation Master’s degree program from Università IULM - Milan engages with design sensibility and methodology for food packaging, tourism, nutrition, agriculture, retail, restaurants, science, objects and experiences.
This Master’s degree is an opportunity not only for students holding a degree in design, marketing and communication, but also for managers and professionals to develop all the necessary skills to give their creative contribution to an increasingly growing sector, of which Italy constitutes one of the main benchmarks known worldwide.
The Master’s includes lessons, design workshops and seminars with the leaders of the food and agriculture industry and the design field: entrepreneurs, managers, journalists, food critics, designers, architects, publishers and chefs. The program includes visits to food companies, concept stores, restaurants as well as gastronomic fairs and events. After the end of the course, students complete an internship in a company, agency or firm working in the field.
The combination between food and design creates a “food designer” who is able to manage the design:
- of processes, methods and spaces where products are processed, distributed and consumed;
- of food in terms of its aesthetics, communication and representation;
- of equipment and tools used to prepare and consume food;
- of all the communication activities implemented for the promotion of food products.
This Master degree is an opportunity not only for students holding a degree in design, marketing and communication, but also for managers and professionals to develop all the necessary skills to give their creative contribution to an increasingly growing sector, of which Italy constitutes one of the main benchmarks known worldwide.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Food And Agriculture System
- Food Science
- Wine And Food Culture
- Food Marketing & Communication
- Food Experience
- Food Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Marketing Food Sciences View 28 other Masters in Food Sciences in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Università IULM - Milan and/or in Italy, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The Master is open to Italian and foreign graduates coming from various scientific disciplines, social sciences and liberal arts.
- The Master’s has a limited number of places available and accepts students on a rolling basis. Applicants will be admitted upon selection based on CV/resume, portfolio, degree certificate, letter of intension, transcript(s) and cognitive interview. Applications must be sent to the Scuola Politecnica di Design.
- Applications must be sent to the Scuola Politecnica di Design Master’s Office
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16600 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.