Additionally, the unique programme provides plenty of industrial exposure via the different company visits and classes taught by industry experts.
Why choose this programme?
- You will acquire the technical as well as innovation and professional skills to be successful in the international malting and brewing industry.
- You get a solid understanding of the demands of the malting and brewing industry.
- You will follow courses given by internationally renowned academic researchers in the field of malting and brewing.
- You will learn first-hand from industry experts about the current innovations in the malting and brewing industry.
- You will get hands-on experience in malting and brewing.
- You will get a clear idea of future careers in the malting and brewing industry.
- You will be part of a vibrant, international group of students studying malting and brewing sciences.
- You will visit some of the most iconic breweries in Belgium.
- You will enrol at Europe's most innovative university.
- You will study in Belgium, a country whose beer culture is listed as UNESCO world heritage.
- You will study in the historical city of Leuven, with > 200 breweries in a 100 km radius.
Students that have successfully completed the Postgraduate Programme in Malting and Brewing Sciences will receive the postgraduate certificate in Malting and Brewing Sciences. This certificate is handed out by KU Leuven and signed by the Rector of this university, for the full programme and as evidence of successful completion of the programme. The certificate will also mention the level of achievement (cum laude, magna cum laude, summa cum laude, ...) reached by the student in the programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Raw Materials for Malting and Brewing
- Industrial Microbiology and Fermentation Technology
- Brewing, Processing and Equipment
- Sensory Science and Product Quality
- Food packaging and Processing
- Current Topics and Innovations in Malting and Brewing Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMicrobiology Food Sciences Biochemistry View 5 other Masters in Microbiology in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Students need to have obtained one of the following Master's degrees (or equivalent):
- Master of Science in Engineering Technology (all)
- Master of Science in Engineering Science (all)
- Master of Bioscience engineering (all)
- Master of Science in Bioengineering Technology (all)
- Master of Science: Biology
- Master of Science: Biochemistry and Biotechnology
If you do not possess a Flemish degree for one of these Masters, KU Leuven International Admissions and Mobility will perform a credential evaluation of your obtained degree.
If you have not obtained this degree yet at the time of application, you will be asked to provide us with an attestation that you are indeed currently enrolled for this degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6600 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6600 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.