Students in the Applied Linguistics programme of University of Bonn are given the tools to identify problems and to work on solving them by applying linguistic theories and employing empirical and experimental methods.
The program aims at developing knowledge of the theories and methods used in intercultural communication, second language acquisition, language processing, and translation studies. Course topics include interpersonal communication, regional and social variation in language behaviour, (im)politeness across cultures, pragmatic competence, writing in a second language, and cognitive processes in translating.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Linguistics: An Overview
- Methods in Applied Linguistics
- Intercultural Communication
- Language Acquisition
- Research Trends
- Professional Training
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 17 other Masters in Linguistics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The application form for the University of Bonn.
- A notarized copy of their B.A. certificate and diploma supplement (students still enrolled in a B.A. program at the time of application, please submit their current transcript of grades).
- A certified copy of their high school diploma.
- Even though the program is taught in English, you are required to show proof of your German skills in order to apply for our program.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.