Flexible, individualised learning
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice from University of Technology Sydney combines practice-based subjects, called Studios, with elective subjects from across the university, to adapt the course to the student's needs.
We understand that’s a lot of freedom. That’s why a learning concierge helps guide students with choosing electives and career coaching for their unique professional background and career trajectory.
In Studios, students work with academics and professional peers in collaborative, intensive workshops - honing problem solving skills and critical thinking on their professional development.
The studio teach a systems thinking framework for students to apply and evaluate their technical knowledge and skills. The studio provide mentorship and a collaborative practice-based learning environment to develop competencies.
The course teaches students to think in different ways that enable them to unravel problems, while building postgraduate level content knowledge in subject areas of their choice.
The course for ethical innovative leadership
As graduates, students become decision makers and communicators who tackle complex problems. They are equipped for socially responsible professional practice.
UTS is committed to social justice and the economic, social and cultural prosperity of our community – fostering diversity of thought, critical thinking and technical mastery.
Whether students want to thrive in a large organisation or create a new career pathway, the Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice helps them set goals and acquire knowledge and skills to support their career plans.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students plan their course with the learning concierge and engage in peer and professional career coaching in the core studios to hone their 21st century skills tailored to their career – problem solving, mindful collaboration, adaptive leadership, communication, research, critical thinking - equipping them with social and reflective competencies for our rapidly changing, digitally disrupted and technology enriched enterprises and communities. By teaching students to think and work together in different ways, it enables them to reflect upon their learning and profession.
- The Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice course structure allows for the engagement with postgraduate subjects across the spectrum of disciplines. In the core studio the focus is on critical reflections situating the learner in their socio-technical, professional and global context.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Entrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership View 283 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- In addition to the above qualifications, applicants need to satisfy professional practice requirements by providing materials substantiating their professional work experience (at skill level 1 – bachelor's degree or higher) of at least 2 years' full time (or equivalent) in any of the occupations (ANZSCO Version 1.2) listed below. This requirement may be demonstrated through an electronic portfolio or CV and a Statement of Service confirming the dates of employment, and the position held within the organisation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International945 AUD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 945 AUD per credit during 6 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- Engineering and IT Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS FEIT International Mathematical Olympiad Scholarship Vietnam
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.