The Master of Science in Sociology with an Emphasis in Education program at Grand Canyon University prepares graduates to lead Sociology courses for undergraduates at two-year or four-year institutions. In addition, graduates of the GCU sociology degree programs will be qualified to teach courses online.
Content knowledge in the sociology domains and teaching skills make up the core focuses in the master of sociology education degree program at GCU. Postsecondary level sociology teachers will learn how to navigate preparing for and teaching content for sociology courses.
Master’s of Sociology teaching degree graduates from GCU are prepared to teach sociology at the undergraduate level. They may find work at:
- Four-year universities or colleges
- Local or junior colleges
- Trade and technical schools
- Educational research/publishing companies
- Graduate Studies in the Liberal Arts
- Sociology Today
- Social Theory
- Effective Pedagogy for Higher Education
- Sociology of the Family
- Stratification from Global Perspectives
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Sociology Educational Psychology View 117 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International18938 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 557 USD per credit during 2 months.
National18938 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 557 USD per credit during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.