The success of any organization is reliant upon the knowledge and skills of its employees. To further the long-term objectives of the company, it’s essential that employees have a desirable blend of soft skills.
These should include conflict resolution, communication and interpersonal management skills. With their advanced knowledge of human behavior and motivations, industrial and organizational (IO) psychologists are able to improve organizational efficiency and operations.
The Master of Science in Psychology - Industrial and Organizational Psychology program at Grand Canyon University provides students with a thorough grounding in scientific principles, research methods and consulting techniques.
IO psychology students learn to produce usable data and apply their findings to enhance the workplace environment and optimize productivity and efficiency.
IO psychology Master of Science graduates have expertise that is in demand by private corporations, government agencies, universities and research facilities. IO psychology specialists are also in demand by employers who recognize the value of effective management systems and interpersonal skills for long-term profitability.
Community organizations, health care providers and nonprofit entities are other possible employers who may utilize the expertise of an IO psychology specialist. Some of the common responsibilities of an IO psychology specialist may include:
- Identifying employee training and development needs
- Designing and implementing training programs, and evaluating program effectiveness
- Providing coaching and mentoring to employees
- Consulting on the optimization of work-life balance and quality of work life
- Conducting leadership training for management personnel
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in the Liberal Arts
- Contemporary and Ethical Issues in Psychology
- Social and Cultural Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Organizational Behavior and Development
- Graduate Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Organisational Behaviour View 100 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International19080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 530 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 530 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.