This Management Mathematics programme from University of Birmingham involves both taught classes in Management Mathematics and a substantial MRes thesis which accounts for almost two-thirds of the total degree.
This is an excellent option for well-qualified mathematics students who do not have all the necessary mathematical background to start immediately on a PhD in their area of choice. In the fast track programme the MRes thesis is extended over a further period of two years into a PhD thesis.
Each MRes student is assigned a project supervisor who will act as director and mentor in the preparation of the MRes thesis. This gives each student the opportunity to work one-to-one with mathematicians who are international experts in their fields.
In addition to the assessed elements of the course, students are expected to play a full part in the research life of the School. The School has an active seminar programme, and organises international conferences in all areas of mathematics.
Why study Management Mathematics MRes at Birmingham?
- The University of Birmingham is one of the prestigious Russell group research-intensive Universities in the UK. The School of Mathematics attracts gifted graduate students from across the world.
- The School of Mathematics at the University of Birmingham is a large and thriving department. A friendly, supportive and knowledgeable research environment is available. We offer comprehensive training in research and related skills.
- The internationally recognised School of Mathematics collaborates widely with multiple disciplines and industries
- Learn from world leaders in their fields.
- Obtain a qualification that is respected the world over and make you an attractive prospect in a very competitive job market.
This programme gives comprehensive training in mathematics and areas appropriate to professional development and research foundations. The MRes is an ideal preparation for entry into the PhD programme at Birmingham. In fact, the MRes programme can be used as the first phase of our 'Fast-track' PhD programme.
- These courses are approximately one-third course work and two-thirds dissertation.
- The dissertation is completed under the direction of a project supervisor which gives our students the opportunity to work one-to-one with a leading expert in their field.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMathematics Management Studies View 1541 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 Honours degree in a Mathematics-related subject. Learn more about entry requirements.
International19380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19380 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National4565 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4565 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- £2,283 UK students, part-time
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.