The Master of Science in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention program at Grand Canyon University guides students in developing foundational knowledge that translates to the fields of human services and community health.
Grounded in evidence-based practices, the rigorous curriculum inspires students to reach new academic heights as they study how to serve others by effectively advocating for healthy mental, cognitive and spiritual behaviors.
The prevention or mitigation of the effects of mental illnesses is essential for preserving quality of life. Prevention science in mental health may help lower rates of the consequences of mental illnesses, including unemployment, incarceration, homelessness and suicide ideation.
Graduates with prevention science degrees are well-positioned to build a meaningful career in service to others in need. As an aspiring mental health specialist, you may pursue work in any of the following settings:
- Churches and other faith-based organizations
- Social service agencies
- Hospitals and community health clinics
- Schools and universities
- Community-based organizations
- Graduate Studies in the Liberal Arts
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Ethics and Cultural Diversity in Mental Health and Wellness
- Prevention Science
- Prevention Throughout the Lifespan
- Specific Prevention Topics
- Community Program Development, Implementation, and Evaluation
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 474 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International18938 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 557 USD per credit during 2 months.
National18938 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 557 USD per credit during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.