Cultivate your own understanding of Christian ministry, biblical principles and truths as you explore methods of supporting the spiritual, behavioral, functional and mental health of others in need.
The Master of Science in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry degree at Grand Canyon University is an intensive survey of the intersection of Christianity and mental health.
Students will closely examine the integration of psychology with Christian theology, and the roles of ethics and cultural diversity as they pertain to the mental health and wellness fields. Fully qualified instructors who are experts in their fields provide practical guidance on research methods and best practices in mental health applications.
If you feel that God has called upon you to serve His children in faith, this master’s in Christian ministry will prepare you to fulfill your life’s work. GCU graduates are fully equipped to spread God’s message while working to support the mental health and wellness of individuals and families.
As a graduate with a Master of Science in mental health and wellness with an emphasis in Christian ministry degree, you could decide to pursue leadership positions within Christian organizations, including churches, faith-based groups and nonprofit humanitarian entities.
Other graduates may choose to work directly in the wider community, such as by pursuing positions within community health organizations. Bring your Christian perspective and theological knowledge to the mental and social health services, and their allied professions. Some professions may require additional career credentials or certifications. This degree does not lead to counseling licensure.
- Graduate Studies in the Liberal Arts
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Ethics and Cultural Diversity in Mental Health and Wellness
- Mental Health, the Biblical Narrative, and Christian Theology
- Integrating Psychology and Christian Theology
- Spiritual Formation, Identity, and Wellness
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Christian Studies View 693 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Grand Canyon University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International18938 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 557 USD per credit during 2 months.
National18938 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 557 USD per credit during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.