Individuals who are preparing to enter law school may also benefit from this degree program. The evidence-based curriculum aligns with current community demands. It empowers working professionals to develop the practical skills that are needed in modern communities.
The Master of Science in Criminal Justice - Legal Studies degree at Grand Canyon University examines key concepts in crime analysis and strategic planning. Dynamic learning experiences guide students in applying theoretical knowledge to real-world situations.
The degree covers contemporary legal issues pertaining to public policy, social research and justice administration, with an emphasis on the importance of ethical decision making.
This criminal justice MS in legal studies, offered online at GCU, provides working professionals with the opportunity to pursue their educational objectives while meeting their current job’s demands. All online courses are taught by either full-time faculty members or fully trained adjunct instructors. Evening courses on the GCU campus are also available.
A Master of Science in Criminal Justice Legal Studies may enable you to pursue a position in law enforcement or government that allows you to serve your community with integrity. Students who are currently working within the law enforcement field may pursue advanced opportunities after earning a master’s degree, such as chief of police, shift supervisor or police sergeant.
The legal studies MS degree at GCU guides students in developing critical reasoning, analytical and communication skills that transfer well to an array of career paths. Other careers that may be related to this master’s degree include:
- Legislative assistant
- Compliance officer
- Government relations officer
- Law librarian
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in the Liberal Arts
- Criminal Behavior Analysis
- Exploration of Law and Public Policy
- Ethics and Decision Making
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Exploration of Constitutional Criminal Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies Criminology View 76 other Masters in Legal Studies in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International10070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 530 USD per credit during 24 months.
National10070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 530 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.