The Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy at Grand Canyon University empowers students to proactively plan the direction of their desired careers.
Students prepare to provide individual, couple and family counseling within a carefully structured environment that inspires a sense of security.
The courses for this master’s in clinical mental health counseling for marriage and family therapy were selected to fit the requirements of the Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC) credential, the National Certified Counselor (NCC) credential and the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
Mental health counseling is a rewarding and personally fulfilling career path. No two days are alike in the therapy field, as counselors may work with a diverse spectrum of clients who are all dealing with unique circumstances. Marriage and family specialists may help clients cope with difficult issues like infidelity, chronic stress, divorce and financial stressors. Many marriage and family counselors work in private practice. Others may work in the following settings:
- Hospitals and clinics
- Social service agencies
- Community-based organizations
- Faith-based organizations
- Graduate Studies in Counseling
- Professional Counseling, Ethical, and Legal Considerations
- Theories and Models of Counseling
- Substance Use Disorders and Addictions
- Counseling Skills
- Counseling the Culturally Diverse
- Principles of Psychopharmacology
- Human Sexuality and Issues of Aging
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Counselling Psychology View 102 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International41218 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 557 USD per credit during 2 months.
National41218 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 557 USD per credit during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.