The Special Education - Cross-Categorical (NITL) program at Grand Canyon University aims to help graduate students master the knowledge and cultivate skills necessary that support the development of exceptional children and high schoolers.
The rigorous curriculum teaches how to adapt instructional strategies to meet each student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP), while building upon strengths that a teacher already possesses. This program helps teacher candidates increase their familiarity with mild to moderate disabilities, while advancing expertise in assessment, intervention and transition planning. This program does not lead to teaching licensure.
Common careers and teaching areas are: K-12 special education teacher, school resource instructor, child advocate and disability services consultant. Potential workplaces include private, charter and public schools, as well as colleges, higher education institutions and social service organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Special Education Graduate Studies
- Survey of Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities
- Professional, Ethical and Legal Practices and Policies in Special Education
- Collaborations and Communications in Special Education
- Assessment and Eligibility in Special Educ: Mild to Moderate Disability
- U.S. and Arizona Constitutions for Teacher Candidates
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 200 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International19620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 545 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 545 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.