Secondary ed. students analyze current educational research and modern teaching techniques in order to create engaging and supportive classroom environments. In addition, students in this secondary education graduate program study adolescent development and psychology in order to best support their future students.
Graduates of the Secondary Education (Leads to initial teacher licensure) degree from Grand Canyon University complete advanced level professional coursework that prepares them to teach in middle school or high school settings.
Some of the coursework from the master’s degree in secondary education includes:
- Adolescent development and psychology
- Classroom management and engagement
- Curriculum planning
- Supporting English language learners
- Teaching strategies
- Foundations in Education for Graduate Studies
- U.S. and Arizona Constitutions for Teacher Candidates
- Adolescent Development and Psychology
- Creating and Managing Engaging Learning Environments
- English Language Teaching Foundations & Methods
- Assessment and Evaluation for Middle and High School Teachers
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTeaching Secondary Education View 67 other Masters in Secondary Education in United States
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International25168 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 572 USD per credit during 2 months.
National25168 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 572 USD per credit during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.