By completing the School Counseling (ITL) program at Grand Canyon University, school counselors can feel more confident and become competent in helping struggling young learners overcome obstacles, while they prepare for the next step in their educational journey and realize their career dreams.
Continuing education provides aspiring school counselors with the knowledge to:
- Respond to challenges that children and adolescents face including academic and emotional struggles to low self-esteem and issues at home
- Identify risks that lead to mental health and behavioral disorders
- Strategize ways to foster personal growth
- Lead in data-informed decision making and school counseling program development
- Treat disorders and examine how various non-academic problems affect achievement in the classroom
- Determine whether problems stem from familial, social, emotional or behavioral factors
Graduates can pursue positions in education and counseling that include school counselor, counseling professional, counseling practitioner, guidance counselors and counseling leader.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies and Foundations of School Counseling
- Professional Counseling, Ethical, and Legal Considerations
- Theories and Models of Counseling
- Counseling Skills
- Counseling the Culturally Diverse
- Organization and Administration of a School Counseling Program
- School Counseling Practicum
- Group Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 1222 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International16350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 545 USD per credit during 24 months.
National16350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 545 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.