The Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education-ITL at Grand Canyon University , which leads to initial teacher licensure, is designed for students who hold a bachelor’s degree in a non-education field. With a master’s in early childhood special education, graduates are prepared to successfully transition to a career in education.
Aspiring ECSE teachers closely examine instructional and assessment methodologies, as well as the psychological, emotional and developmental needs of young children.
Candidates will explore field experience opportunities in both inclusive learning environments and special education birth-pre-k and K-3 environments. CGU candidates are trained to serve as effective advocates who positively influence children, families and communities in which they teach.
Advocate and Educate Others with Your Expertise
Early childhood special education is the key for giving every child a solid foundation for lifelong success. This master’s in early childhood special education prepares aspiring ECSE teachers to make a positive impact by working with children from birth through the third grade. Graduates may pursue teaching opportunities in public or private schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundational Studies in Early Childhood and Special Education
- U.S. and Arizona Constitutions for Teacher Candidates
- Foundational Literacy Skills
- Child Development Including Health, Safety, and Nutrition
- Child, Family, Cultural, Community Relationships, and Advocacy
- Language, Literacy, and Communication in Early Childhood/Special Education
- Assessment, Evaluation, and Reporting for Early Childhood/Special Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 80 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International545 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 545 USD per credit and a duration of .
National545 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 545 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.