The History with an Emphasis in Education program at Grand Canyon University can be an ideal choice for individuals who are passionate about history and feel drawn to a teaching position. Students explore major historical events, themes and movements through the lens of cultural, military, economic and political perspectives.
Throughout your coursework for this MA, you’ll be challenged to think critically about the past. You will develop a keen understanding of major historical narratives, arguments and interpretations, and you’ll examine best practices in pedagogical approaches.
This degree emphasizes respectful collaboration with peers. It’s expected that candidates will develop a deep and meaningful awareness of and appreciation for diversity in all aspects of life.
This master’s degree in history education prepares graduates to fulfill the graduate course requirements that are necessary to pursue opportunities in teaching at the postsecondary level. Graduates may choose to further enhance their teaching qualifications by pursuing advanced studies at the doctoral level.
- Graduate Studies in the Liberal Arts
- Concepts in Understanding World History
- Concepts in Understanding U.S. History
- Effective Pedagogy for Higher Education
- Applied Studies in History Graduate Education
- Studies in the American West
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation History Ancient History View 1254 other Masters in Education in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Grand Canyon University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE
International18938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 557 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 557 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.