Construction management is one of the most rapidly expanding sectors of specialisation in Australia. Construction management specialists have very good job prospects in both construction and infrastructure work areas. The particular mix of skills offered in this degree combine traditional project management frameworks along with specialised preparation in technological advancements and human factors that are a requirement for successful managers in the construction industry.
The Construction Management course from University of Technology Sydney utilises concepts associated with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) as applied in the construction context. Key areas of construction management are covered in the course including: construction technology and regulations; time, cost and quality management; risk; professional ethics; and industrial relations. Student learning establishes underpinning construction management theory that is strongly supported by best practice case studies delivered by leading academics and practitioners, giving students access to relevant, real-world expertise that reflects the realities of today's construction sector. Through the use of digital technologies students receive hands-on experience with real-world estimating, programming and building information modelling (BIM) platforms.
The course is aimed primarily at career changers, in particular those from other built environment industries interested in expanding their portfolio of skills. Career options include a range of management roles related to the construction sector, such as project, construction, design, environmental, site, contract or facility management; construction economics; quantity surveying; construction programming, cost engineering, estimating or property development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Construction Technology and Regulation
- Construction Management
- Construction Cost Planning and Control
- Time, Quality and Risk Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Construction Management View 14 other Masters in Construction Management in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider No: 00099F
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
In addition to the above qualifications, applicants need to satisfy a minimum of one year's relevant work experience.
All applicants need to provide:
- a CV clearly articulating construction management experience
- a personal statement (max. 300 words) explaining the reasons for wanting to study construction management and demonstrating an understanding of basic construction management concepts gained from work experience and knowledge of course expectations. If applicable, detail should be provided about general or professional qualifications that demonstrate potential to pursue graduate studies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17880 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 745 AUD per credit during 12 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.