The offering will focus on the communication and computing infrastructure of enterprises and public organisations as they grapple with addressing contemporary socio-environmental challenges, and in creating a sustainable society. Students will study information systems management, processes and models, data analytics, planning and decision-making and knowledge management.
This Master of Information Systems (Extension) at the University of Technology Sydney provides working professionals a unique opportunity to upskill to meet the job demands of an increasingly digital world of the future.
As a graduate, students will be able to harness the transformative power of Information Systems to drive sustainable and resilient environmental, economic and social practices – think business, government, community, health, non-government organisations and more.
The MIS (Ext) is designed for professionals interested in moving into an information systems career as much as for those working in information systems or related jobs. This course allows students to expand in further areas through the additional subjects that they engage with.
Roles include Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, IS/IT Manager, Information Management Specialist, Data/Enterprise Architect, Digital Transformation Consultant, Business Process Manager, Supply Chain Manager, System Modeller or Data Visualization Expert in a range of sectors such as energy, transport, smart cities, business, and government.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Information Systems
- Project Management
- Enabling Enterprise Information Systems
- Introduction to Complex Systems
- Fundamentals of Database and Software Development
- Business Intelligence
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 116 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Australia
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- It is a requirement that the bachelor's degree be completed with no more than 25 per cent of subjects failed.
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
International41910 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20955 AUD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- Engineering and IT Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS FEIT International Mathematical Olympiad Scholarship Vietnam
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.