The Master of Pharmacy (International) at the University of Technology Sydney is an Australian first, extending the Master of Pharmacy (C04252) program to include a one-year overseas clinical placement. This allows students to expand their knowledge even further, gaining practice-based experience of pharmacy in a global context and an understanding of the international factors that influence pharmacy practice and healthcare provision. Overseas clinical placements include those in Canada, Germany or the United Kingdom. Language and culture subjects cater to both beginners and students with prior language knowledge.
The course is innovative and practice-based in approach, building on students' strong scientific foundation to provide specialist, comprehensive knowledge relevant to contemporary pharmacy practice. In addition to the pharmaceutical sciences, this includes professional pharmacy services, integrated therapeutics and the unique capstone subject, 96014 Molecule to Market, led by industry leader Adjunct Professor John Montgomery. Two elective subjects provide students with the opportunity to individualise their studies with their choice of any available postgraduate subject offered at UTS.
The course aims to prepare graduates to be registered pharmacists who can succeed in a global context and work in expanded roles within changing medical, social, political and regulatory contexts. This is achieved by going beyond traditional educational models so students engage in self-directed and problem-based learning to develop leadership skills, gain experience with emerging technologies, develop independent thinking and cultural awareness, facilitate practice-based experience in pharmacy in another country and build a network of internationally recognised researchers, teachers and pharmacists.
Career options include: community pharmacy; professional pharmacy services; hospital pharmacy; drug research, design and development; professional roles in pharmaceutical industry; primary health care; consultancy; education; government and policy; the armed forces; and non-profit organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Professional Services
- Clinical Practice
- Integrated Therapeutics
- Drug Disposition
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPharmacy Health Sciences View 326 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Entry is competitive and assessment is based on grade point average (GPA). Applicants must have completed the following at a tertiary level within the past 10 years:
- one pharmacology subject
- two chemistry subjects
- one biochemistry subject
- one human physiology subject, and
- one mathematics or statistics subject.
- acquire a Working With Children Check and an Australian National Police Check
- complete a series of NSW Health forms including a Code of Conduct, and
- demonstrate evidence of protection against a number of specified infectious diseases.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International909 AUD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 909 AUD per credit during 36 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.