The Master of Media Practice and Industry at the University of Technology Sydney is focused towards media industry transformations with respect to ethics, social justice, technology and sustainability. Students select from innovation, industry and production subject choices which share entrepreneurial, collaborative and iterative approaches to the ideas, practices and audiences for screen, digital media and emerging platforms. Curation, design thinking and project-based work are key aspects of the course which aims to produce graduates who can provide leadership to harness and shape opportunities in the field.
This course is unique in integrating advanced media production practices and future-focused capabilities and technologies with social justice, ethics and sustainable industry practices. Graduates from this course are highly sought after as leaders in a rapidly evolving media landscape.
The course provides students with a deeply creative, innovative, audience-focused, adaptable, entrepreneurial and production-ready skillset that makes them highly desirable practitioners in the current and future media industries. Graduates are highly motivated problem solvers with a sophisticated and nuanced grasp of the knowledge they require for development, production, curation and distribution of traditional and emerging forms of screen content and the ability to seize and create opportunities in the most advanced practices for the industry. By building their learning around vital industry and global issues such as social justice, ethics and sustainability, graduates can become future leaders in the creative and media industries helping to spearhead changes in media technologies, content, distribution and production.
Graduates are creative and cultural producers who can incubate, produce and post-produce for screen, digital and emerging media. Career options include directors, producers, multiplatform storytellers, advertising creatives, festival and digital channel curators and post-production specialists in screen and immersive media. Graduates have the capacity to generate and deliver sophisticated creative media industry prototypes, portfolios and projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core stream (Media, Industry and Practice)
- Innovation choice
- Industry choice
- Production choice
- General choice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMedia Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 35 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For applicants with a bachelor's degree, master's, graduate diploma or graduate certificate:
- the degree must be in the field of society and culture (e.g. Bachelor of Arts), or creative arts
- if the degree is not in the field of society and culture, or creative arts, applicants must also have a minimum of two years' related professional work experience. These applicants must also provide a curriculum vitae (CV), which should include details of paid and voluntary work or other experiences (e.g. special interest groups) that could be relevant to the course, and provide a personal statement that outlines their interest in the course and demonstrates an understanding of the opportunities present in the emerging media industries. Employment experience is assessed according to the response provided by applicants via the employment question on their UTS e-application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International799 AUD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 799 AUD per credit during 18 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.