The Master of Strategic Communication at University of Technology Sydney includes theoretical and practical perspectives on up-to-date issues such as audience insights through ethical data collection and analysis, digital media communication, and strategic communication informed by research and evaluation.
The world of public communication is changing rapidly through digitalisation, 'big data' analysis, new platforms and channels, and shifting attitudes and concerns. These are leading to changing practices and challenges, and new ethical concerns. The UTS Master of Strategic Communication is based on the latest research and is taught by a combination of senior academic researchers and leading industry professionals.
Graduates of this course obtain:
- an advanced understanding of human communication informed by social psychology, sociology, semiotics, cultural studies and other disciplines
- the capability to synthesise communication theory and practice
- the capability to develop communication strategy informed by research and analysis
- a sensitivity to ethical and legal issues related to media and communication
- a sensitivity to inclusiveness, equity and social justice
- the capacity to develop communication strategies that reflect intercultural and global perspectives, and
- practical skills to apply strategic communication to address challenges and problems.
Graduates of this course are equipped to work in senior roles in corporate, government, political, organisational or marketing communication, advertising, public relations or integrated communication, including positions related to marketing and promotion, stakeholder engagement, employee communication, community relations, media relations, and public affairs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring Human Communication: Theories and Practice
- Strategic Communication and Integration
- Influence in the Digital World
- Intercultural and International Communication
- Understanding and Engaging Audiences
- Managing Public Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Strategic Management View 55 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
For applicants with a bachelor's degree:
- the degree must be in field of education, management and commerce, society and culture (e.g. Bachelor of Arts), or creative arts
- if the degree is not in the field of education, management and commerce, society and culture, or creative arts, applicants must have a minimum of two years' related professional work experience. Employment experience is assessed according to the response provided by applicants via the employment question on their UTS e-application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33216 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 AUD per credit during 18 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.