Students gain hands-on experience in reporting, editing and related production and design skills in a wide variety of text, audio and visual mediums. There is an emphasis on storytelling with digital tools, exploring innovation and embracing entrepreneurship.
Students have the opportunity to use, experience and think about emerging journalistic practices across different areas, including drones, virtual reality and computer-assisted reporting.
This Graduate Diploma in Advanced Journalism from University of Technology Sydney is part of an articulated program of study and is suitable for anyone interested in learning how to fully harness the power of journalism.
Career options include reporter, producer, presenter and editor across most types of public and private media, broadcast and publishing organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Journalism
- Media Law and Accountability
- Journalism Studies
- Digital Journalism and Beyond
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Linguistics View 43 other Masters in Linguistics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
All applicants, except undergraduate journalism graduates, need to submit the following:
- a CV
- an example of their professional work. This includes:
- links to or the text of any journalistic work, or
- links to applicant's own website, blogposts or published essays and opinion articles, or
- story-telling forms that include short stories, essays, and short documentary style audio and video recordings.
If none of the above are available, applicants may provide a short essay of no more than 1000 words about key challenges facing journalism and the news media industry.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 775 AUD per credit during 12 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.