The Master of Strategic Communication (Executive) is a new University of Technology Sydney is open to applicants with a minimum of three years experience in professional public communication and an undergraduate degree. Students can select corporate and marketing communication or government communication streams, and the course culminates with a practice-related project relevant to the student's field of interest. Course content addresses up-to-date issues, such as audience insights, through data analysis, digital communication, and strategic communication informed by research and evaluation.
The world of public communication is changing rapidly through digitalisation, 'big data' analysis, new platforms and channels and shifting attitudes and concerns. These are leading to changing practices and challenges, and new ethical concerns. The UTS Executive Master of Strategic Communication is based on the latest research and is taught by a combination of senior academic researchers and leading industry professionals.
Graduates of this course obtain:
- an advanced understanding of human communication informed by social psychology, sociology, semiotics, cultural studies and other disciplines
- the capability to synthesise communication theory and contemporary practice
- an advanced capability in developing communication strategy informed by research and analysis
- a sensitivity to ethical and legal issues related to media and communication
- a sensitivity to inclusiveness, equity and social justice
- the capacity to develop effective communication strategies that reflect intercultural and global perspectives, and
- advanced practical skills to apply strategic communication to address challenges and problems.
Graduates of this course are equipped to work in senior strategic planning and management roles in corporate, government, political, organisational, or marketing communication, advertising, public relations, or integrated communication, including positions related to marketing and promotion, stakeholder engagement, employee communication, community relations, media relations and public affairs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring Human Communication: Theories and Practice
- Strategic Communication and Integration
- Strategic Communication Project
- Understanding and Engaging Audiences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCorporate Social Responsibility Strategic Management Digital Communication View 35 other Masters in Digital Communication in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- All applicants need to have completed a minimum of three years' relevant work experience in the communication industry.
- For applicants with a bachelor's degree, the degree must be in field of education, management and commerce, society and culture (e.g. Bachelor of Arts), or creative arts.
- For applicants with a master's, graduate diploma or graduate certificate qualification, the qualification can be in any field of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International51840 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 720 AUD per credit during 12 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.