The University of Technology Sydney Master of Business Administration (Advanced) has an innovative and adaptable structure that combines knowledge-developing short, focused subjects offered in blended mode with three project-based studios that enable learner-focused, experiential learning and intensive industry engagement, including coaching and mentoring.
The studios feature digital labs that introduce students to the key digital tools and methodologies needed to successfully operate in a digital environment and drive digital strategies.
The Advanced MBA is bookended by two leadership labs which focus on assessing and developing students' leadership skills, emotional and cultural intelligence and ability to lead a diverse workforce in intensive coaching and mentoring sessions.
Course aimsThe Advanced MBA aims to prepare future leaders to see challenges as opportunities, lead with integrity and empathy and contribute to fairer and flourishing societies. Its focus is on developing:
- strategic thinkers who discover future opportunities
- integral thinkers who design innovative business models
- effective communicators who cultivate flourishing working relationships
- responsible leaders who add long-term value to multiple stakeholders, and
- agile practitioners who deliver digital transformation.
CareersThe course is suitable for students from business and non-business backgrounds who seek to upskill and develop the skills needed to be prepared for the changing nature of work. Career options include a range of management roles with a focus on driving transformational change in large private, public and non-profit organisations as well as in SMEs.
- Applied Financial Management
- Delivering Customer Value
- Leadership Lab: Adaptive Leadership
- Challenge/Opportunity Discovery
- Accounting Practices and Tools
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 282 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Minimum Academic Requirement: At least grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 out of 4, with less than 10 per cent fail grades.
All applicants who do not meet the minimum academic requirement may still be considered on the basis of:
- a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) overall minimum score of 550
Professional Experience Requirement: At least four years' full time, or equivalent, relevant work experience.
The relevant work experience must be demonstrated through a C.V. and a Statement of Service, confirming the dates of employment and the position held within the organisation.
Interview Requirement: Attend an interview with the director of the Advanced MBA.
The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 7.0 overall with a writing score of 6.5; or TOEFL: paper based: 584-609 overall, internet based: 94-101 overall with a writing score of 24; or AE6: Pass; or PTE: 65-72 overall with a writing score 58; or CAE: 185-190 with a writing score 176.
International20955 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20955 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- South Asia Postgraduate Business Merit Scholarship
- South East Asia Postgraduate Business Merit Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.