The University of Technology Sydney Master of Animation and Visualisation develops collaborative problem-solving skills and expertise through creative and technical collaborative work in a custom-built studio with real-world production work structures and creative and technical projects, under the guidance and mentorship of practitioners and creative leaders from the industry, including Animal Logic.
The course provides challenges and opportunities that encourage exploration and skills-building across the spectrum of roles in digital production, animation, visual effects and emerging visualisation disciplines. Collaborative work practices guide the development of strong competencies in critical thinking, problem-solving, design thinking and effective communication in a production environment. Graduates are able to work productively and effectively in a professional workplace environment.
Graduates gain skills that can be applied across a range of roles, from animation and software development to data visualisation, data science and across emerging technologies. They are also able to innovate in traditional professions as well as drive the development of new industry sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Connected Studio
- The Collaboration Studio
- The Challenge Studio
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts User Experience Design Video Games & Animation View 51 other Masters in Visual Arts in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must provide the following documentation, substantiating their skill in at least one specialisation of digital production or visualisation, such as:
- a digital portfolio, demonstrating aptitude in at least one aspect of 3D design, animation, visualisation, VR-AR, production and/or coding, as a PDF file (10 pages) AND a link to the applicant’s showreel (no more than 10 minutes) on Vimeo, YouTube or Quicktime file, with a showreel breakdown;
- for programming applicants (without a showreel) please provide documented experience in programming for digital production or visualisation and include links to coding projects on sites such as GitHub;
- a 300-word personal statement addressing the applicant's reasons for seeking placement in the ALA Master of Animation & Visualisation at UTS; and
- a CV that clearly articulates the applicant’s education.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International55800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 775 AUD per credit during 12 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.