Like the standard Juris Doctor, this Juris Doctor Graduate Certificate in Professional Legal Practice at the University of Technology Sydney is an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 9 master's degree that builds knowledge and experience in fundamental legal theory.
Students engage with industry-informed, academically rigorous and highly practical courses, choosing from flexible learning options that include day and evening classes (core subjects), block study (selected subjects) and online learning (electives), as well as selected recorded lectures and podcasts. In addition to standard part-time and full-time study modes, students can fast-track their progress by enrolling in Summer sessions to complete the degree in just three years.
Career options include, but are not limited to, lawyer within a private firm, corporation, government department or community law centre, regulatory affairs and policy adviser in the public or private sector or legal specialisation related to students' previous degree or enhanced career options within an existing professional sphere.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Law
- Ethics Law and Justice
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Australian Constitutional Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Legal Studies View 65 other Masters in Legal Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- For this course the equivalent qualification required is a bachelor's degree in a discipline other than law or a law qualification from an overseas jurisdiction. Admission is at the discretion of the associate dean (education).
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International49032 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 908 AUD per credit during 36 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.