This Master of Professional Engineering at the University of Technology Sydney enables students to deepen knowledge and expertise in their field, and be ready to practise in engineering. Students can undertake a major and be recognised for this specialisation on their testamur.
The Master of Professional Engineering is designed to incorporate an integrated approach to professional engineering practice through using compulsory professional engineering subjects, compulsory subjects relevant to the major, an independent engineering graduate project component and compulsory engineering practice stream. This structure allows for efficiency and flexible delivery of courses and enables us to offer subjects in a sustainable manner across the disciplines.
This course allows students to choose a program of study that not only helps to deepen the body of knowledge acquired in their first degree, but also gives them an opportunity to be prepared to embark on a 12-week professional experience, or equivalent (as required by Engineers Australia). It also provides a unique opportunity to deepen their knowledge and gain practical skills by undertaking an independent engineering graduate project in a particular major.
Students who have a basic undergraduate engineering degree are able to enhance their ability and knowledge through master's-level courses in their respective majors, enabling them to gain and hold employment in their respective engineering fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Cyber Security Engineering
- Robotics major
- Electrical Energy Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Bio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 319 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- It is a requirement that the bachelor's degree be in engineering, engineering science or technology and relevant to the applicant's proposed major, with no more than 25 per cent of subjects failed.
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42960 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 895 AUD per credit during 24 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- Engineering (Management) Masters Scholarship for Outstanding International Students
- Engineering (Technical) Masters Scholarship for Outstanding International Students
- Engineering and IT Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Master of Professional Engineering Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS FEIT International Mathematical Olympiad Scholarship Vietnam
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.