About this Degree
The Theological Studies program at the University of Toronto gives opportunity for more focused and advanced study in an area of a discipline or in an interdisciplinary theme. This feature makes the program appropriate as preparation for advanced study.
Individual colleges or groups of colleges may define interdisciplinary streams within the M.T.S., so that students with common interests may join in communities for focuses research and discourse. Currently Wycliffe College has a stream in global and urban development
Students will be able to situate an issue, or an instance of an issue, that is new to them, in its historical, cultural, and theological context. They will be able to engage it academically and to conduct independent, critical, and accurate research on it
- Students will be able to make use of insights of the humanities, the social sciences, the arts, and the natural sciences in their study of the several disciplines included within theological education.
- They will recognize ways in which varied expressions of Christian belief and practice are shaped by cultural contexts and the experience of other faiths.
- They will recognize the uncertainties inherent in both faith-based and non-confessional academic interpretations of Scripture and Christian teaching.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 33 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Canada
Applicants to a conjoint basic degree program must hold an appropriate bachelor's degree with adequate standing (normally at least B- standing in their final year) from a college or university which is an ordinary member of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada or which is accredited by a United States agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or credentials equivalent to the above.
- If you have a bachelor's degree from from an institution that does not meet the above criteria, please contact the member school to which you wish apply to inquire about your eligibility for admission. In an exceptional case, a college may admit a student to the MDiv, MRE, or MAMS program without baccalaureate degree or equivalent.
International26220 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26220 CAD per year during 12 months.
National6210 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6210 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.