Public health is a non-clinical field of health care that aims to prevent disease and injury, reduce health inequities and promote health across populations. Rather than working with individual patients, public health professionals are focused on enhancing health outcomes and improving health care solutions on a population level in developing and developed countries. Whether you’re looking to advance your career into a management role or you’re early in your public health career, the Master of Public Health (Advanced) will develop your specialist knowledge and skills and prepare you to become a leader, able to lead and drive strategic public health programs at a local, national or global level.
Delivered in a flexible and convenient way, you can learn online, on-campus or combine online learning with intensive study days. Course content is based on contemporary research and has been developed in close consultation with industry. The curriculum comprises subjects that provide a solid grounding of knowledge and skills required in any public health career, whilst also offering a wide range of electives that you can tailor to your expertise and interests. You will learn and be supported by academic staff who are highly experienced experts and researchers, recognised as leaders in their chosen fields of public health.
Upon completion of the Master of Public Health (Advanced) degree at the University of Technology Sydney , graduates have an internationally recognised qualification. They have developed skills and acquired knowledge essential for the modern public health professional.
Graduates are well equipped to work in a range of public health roles in government or private sectors, as well as in not-for-profit organisations; in disciplines such as: environmental health, epidemiology, health education, health policy and health promotion.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureSpecifically, the course covers topics including:
- global public health
- communicable and infectious diseases
- health promotion
- health education
- reproductive and sexual health
- Indigenous health
- health policy
- management in health care
- primary health care
- health research methods
- health economics.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Public Policy View 39 other Masters in Public Policy in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree but who have extensive relevant work experience in a healthcare or human services field may be considered eligible.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International735 AUD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 735 AUD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.