The wide range of specialisations allows students to tailor the course to satisfy and broaden their career development needs.
It is essential to keep IT knowledge and skills up to date. This Master of Information Technology (Advanced) at the University of Technology Sydney provides students with an enhanced understanding of the business context and technical developments shaping contemporary information and communications technology (ICT), and equips them to meet the challenges of working in the IT industry with a view to providing a pathway into a higher degree by research.
Career options include a wide variety of positions in the IT industry, including business intelligence expert, e-business developer, games developer, information systems manager, IT security analyst, IT security manager, ICT security analyst, IT security consultant, pen testing, IT project manager, movie animator, software architect, software quality/testing specialist and systems analyst.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Business Information Systems
- Data Analytics
- Interactive Media
- Software Development
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 116 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Australia
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Applicants are required to have: (i) completed 48 credit points in the Master of Information Technology (Extension) (C04296); and (ii) received approval from a member of academic staff to act as their research project supervisor.
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
International43580 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21790 AUD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- Engineering and IT Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS FEIT International Mathematical Olympiad Scholarship Vietnam
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.