The Graduate Certificate in Mathematics from University of Technology Sydney is a four-subject course. The flexible course structure allows for study programs designed to suit different university graduates, from mathematicians looking to refresh or deepen their knowledge in a certain mathematical discipline, to holders of business, engineering or science bachelor's degrees who require a mathematical foundation for further studies.
The course is recommended for those with insufficient mathematics in their bachelor's degree who wish to meet the admission requirements of the Mathematical and Statistical Modelling major in the Master of Science.
Career options include web analyst, consumer analytics, data scientist, database development, marketing research, risk analytics, web conversion optimisation, programming, computational modelling, scheduling and logistics, and statistical analysis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linear Dynamical Systems
- Modelling Change
- Statistical Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Natural Sciences View 53 other Masters in Natural Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
- English proficiency requirement is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20784 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 866 AUD per credit during 6 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Science International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship for Excellence
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.