The unique feature of this Trade Mark Law and Practice course from University of Technology Sydney is that it may be undertaken entirely online, removing the need for students to attend face-to-face classes.
This course provides graduates with an understanding of the principles of:
- the registered trade mark system in Australia and New Zealand, including the protection of unregistered marks and related forms of protection against misleading or unfair trading conduct in Australia and New Zealand
- legal process and professional conduct regulation of trade mark attorneys and Trans-Tasman patent attorneys in Australia and New Zealand.
Graduates can seek registration as an Australian trade marks attorney in Australia and New Zealand. Other career options include: IP lawyer, trade mark portfolio manager, policy maker and government regulator.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Subjects are timetabled annually, but not all subjects are offered every session.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Business Law Legal Studies View 5 other Masters in Patent & Intellectual Property Law in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider No: 00099F
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Applicants who have not gained the requisite tertiary qualifications may be provisionally admitted into the program if they can provide evidence of equivalent work experience. Such applicants should also contact the Trans-Tasman IP Attorneys Board to clarify the full requirements for registration as a trade marks attorney. Admission is at the discretion of the associate dean (education).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24528 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1022 AUD per credit during 6 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.