The unique feature of this Trade Mark Law and Practice course from University of Technology Sydney is that it may be undertaken entirely online, removing the need for students to attend face-to-face classes.
This course provides graduates with an understanding of the principles of:
- the registered trade mark system in Australia and New Zealand, including the protection of unregistered marks and related forms of protection against misleading or unfair trading conduct in Australia and New Zealand
- legal process and professional conduct regulation of trade mark attorneys and Trans-Tasman patent attorneys in Australia and New Zealand.
Graduates can seek registration as an Australian trade marks attorney in Australia and New Zealand. Other career options include: IP lawyer, trade mark portfolio manager, policy maker and government regulator.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The course requires completion of 24 credit points of core subjects.
- Subjects are timetabled annually, but not all subjects are offered every session.
- 6 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Business Law Legal Studies View 6 other Masters in Business Law in Australia
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Applicants who have not gained the requisite tertiary qualifications may be provisionally admitted into the program if they can provide evidence of equivalent work experience. Such applicants should also contact the Trans-Tasman IP Attorneys Board to clarify the full requirements for registration as a trade marks attorney. Admission is at the discretion of the associate dean (education).
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
- English proficiency requirement is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
International22675 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22675 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.