The Graduate Diploma in High Performance Sport from University of Technology Sydney structure enables full-time or part-time study where students can commence in either Autumn or Spring session to complete eight subjects. This nested course structure provides a solid grounding of the knowledge and skills required in a variety of high performance sport careers whilst offering the opportunity to advance and tailor knowledge and skills development at an advanced level.
The course is developed and delivered in collaboration with industry experts from the field, with each subject comprising of a mix of theory and evidence-based practice. Research-inspired course content is delivered by world-leading academics and industry partners, which allows students to apply an advanced level of knowledge and understanding to a range of areas that meets the diverse needs of the high performance sport industry. Graduates enter the workforce as autonomous, collaborative and responsive professionals capable of leading, managing and inspiring in the field.
In the Graduate Diploma in High Performance Sport, students undertake up to two professional internships with organisations in the sport industry. This allows students to apply their knowledge, develop professionally and network with industry partners. Students are encouraged to develop their ideas and test these in real world environments with practical relevance. Current workplace employment may also be considered for supplemental credit towards these internships.
For International students, subjects are delivered online with no requirement to leave their home country. Students are able to contextualise their learning to their local industry and community needs as well as experience expertise from Australia and other world leading sport performance countries.
For domestic students, the course is delivered through online content and a face-to-face intensive week each teaching session at the UTS Sport and Exercise Science building at the Moore Park.Precinct, where students are supported by world-class infrastructure and state of the art research laboratories, alongside several leading sporting organisations.
The Graduate Diploma in High Performance Sport degree is designed for those seeking to work at an advanced level in high performance sport, in a variety of settings. Graduates plan, deliver and analyse strategic approaches for elite athletes and coaches, aiming to enhance performance and reduce injury. Throughout the course students develop skills in critical thinking to optimise holistic decision making and enable positive change through creative, effective and evidence-based solutions.
Career options include practitioner roles (eg sport scientist, strength and conditioning coach, performance analyst, high-performance manager) in a variety of sport settings (eg professional sporting organisations, national and international performance institutes, schools, university research institutions, government and non-government funded sporting programs).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- High Performance Science
- High Performance Coaching
- Conditioning the High Performance Athlete
- Performance and Culture in High Performance Sport
- Injury Prevention and Management in High Performance Sport
- Recovery and Nutrition for High Performance Sport
- Applied Research Skills for High Performance Sport including Statistics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 44 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider No: 00099F
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
- English proficiency requirement is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International38352 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 799 AUD per credit during 12 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.