Each program is designed to enhance technological knowledge pertaining to one or more fields of engineering. Students can complete one major in engineering and also choose a sub-major in another field of engineering, information technology or another discipline. The completion of subjects and an independent graduate project in at least one field of engineering is central to this requirement.
The subjects offered in this course follow an integrated approach to professional practice through compulsory professional engineering subjects, compulsory subjects relevant to the chosen major and sub-major, an independent engineering graduate project in at least one field of engineering, and a set of electives (any engineering or IT subjects, some with prior approval).
This Master of Engineering (Extension) at the University of Technology Sydney allows students to choose a program of study that deepens the body of knowledge acquired in their first degree as well as expands knowledge boundaries into policy and engineering management areas. It also provides a unique opportunity to broaden knowledge in another discipline through a sub-major, giving an added advantage to students who seek career options in multidisciplinary areas.
Students who have a basic undergraduate engineering degree are able to enhance their ability and knowledge through master's-level courses in their respective majors, enabling them to gain and hold employment in their respective engineering fields. This course allows students to be desirable for employers in organisations that seek multidisciplinary teams.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Energy Planning and Policy
- Computer Control Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering and Management
- Software Systems Engineering
- Telecommunications and Electronics
- Water Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 297 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Technology Sydney and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- It is a requirement that the bachelor's degree be in engineering and relevant to the applicant's proposed major, with no more than 25 per cent of subjects failed.
- The major is selected at the time of application to the course. Applicants who do not intend to undertake a specified major must complete a subject nomination form and attach it to their application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International44256 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 922 AUD per credit during 24 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- Engineering (Management) Masters Scholarship for Outstanding International Students
- Engineering (Technical) Masters Scholarship for Outstanding International Students
- Engineering and IT Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Master of Professional Engineering Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS FEIT International Mathematical Olympiad Scholarship Vietnam
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Master's scholarship opportunities for Engineering (Extension).
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.