The Genetic Counselling program of University of Toronto is a full-time degree program that prepares students with the academic and clinical skills to provide genetic counselling. Graduates may work as part of a health-care team to gather relevant medical and family histories, to guide further investigations, and to communicate probable or established diagnoses, mode of inheritance, natural history, risk of recurrence, and associated options.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Structural Biology: Principles and Practice
- Protein Crystallography
- Topics in Developmental Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Student Seminars in Developmental Biology
- Foundational Genetic Approaches
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Counselling Genetics View 68 other Masters in Genetics in Canada
- An appropriate bachelor's degree from a recognized university with standing equivalent to a University of Toronto B+, both cumulatively and in the final year.
- Prerequisite courses in biology, molecular biology/genetics, biochemistry, embryology/developmental biology, statistics, and psychology.
- The development of strong interpersonal skills as evidenced by extracurricular activity is sought in both the application and interview processes.
- Conditional acceptance may be granted to outstanding applicants lacking the above prerequisite courses; in such instances, the courses deemed necessary must be completed with a B+ standing prior to admission.
International31320 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31320 CAD per year during 36 months.
National10550 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10550 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.