The Graduate Diploma in Applied Policy offered by the University of Technology Sydney has an applied focus which is theoretically underpinned. It includes active approaches to learning including policy debates, case studies, role plays, group discussions, presentations and guest speakers. The course is informed by the applied policy and social research experience of the UTS: IPPG with government, industry and the community in the Australian context and internationally.
The course offers students the opportunity to critically apply their learning to case studies drawn from UTS: IPPG's research program and their own workplaces to innovate solutions.
The core subjects of the course examine contemporary policy challenges; policy in practice; foundations in public policy and evidence and influence in public policy. To tailor their course, students can choose their electives from a range of subjects from UTS: IPPG, the Faculty of Design and Building and the UTS Business School. The course also offers a sub-major in Project Management.
The course utilises several teaching formats, including intensive block mode and online delivery, designed by academics, practitioners and industry leaders. Most subjects are offered in flexible mode and delivered in blocks or online for more effective integration of study and work commitments.
This course was developed in response to the increased boundary-spanning of middle and executive management across government, industry and non-profit sectors. It is highly applicable to professionals working in a range of settings, including state and local government, planning, peak bodies, community and non-government organisations and sector-specific career professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Public Policy
- Evidence and Influence in Public Policy
- Contemporary Policy Challenges
- Policy in Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Public Policy Political Science View 40 other Masters in Public Policy in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Applicants must have one of the following:
- a UTS recognised bachelor's degree or equivalent, or higher qualification, with at credit average
- a UTS Graduate Certificate in Applied Policy at credit average or above.
- a CV demonstrating relevant experience, and
- a personal statement (max. 300 words) addressing their reasons for wanting to undertake the Graduate Certificate in Applied Policy.
- Applicants who do not satisfy the academic requirements may be considered on the ability to demonstrate equivalency through a minimum of three years' relevant work experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International717 AUD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 717 AUD per credit during 12 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.