The Graduate Diploma in Sports Media from University of Technology Sydney draws from the disciplines of journalism, public relations and business to deliver invaluable learning experiences in media management, sports administration and marketing, audience development, and reporting and editing across text, video and audio.
UTS's unique arrangement with the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust delivers a range of opportunities for students across sporting codes, adding an in-house, hands-on element to every aspect of the course. Students are behind the scenes and in front of the action.
The course is delivered by teachers from UTS's School of Communication and School of Business along with leading industry practitioners. The emphasis is on delivering both practical and reflective learning opportunities, so that graduates are doers and thinkers, and possess both practical and strategic skills.
Career options include reporter, producer, presenter and editor across all forms of sport media and sporting bodies, agencies and related private and public organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Public Relations for Sport
- Digital Sports Journalism
- Influence in the Digital World
- Sports Media
- Sport Business
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media Sports Sciences View 28 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Applicants who have not completed a bachelor's, master's, graduate diploma or graduate certificate qualification in any field of study (or overseas equivalent) must provide: a personal statement (approximately 500 words) explaining why they wish to study the course, and a CV, which should include details of paid and voluntary work or other experiences (eg special interest groups) that could be relevant to the course. If applicants do not submit these documents, their application may not be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International696 AUD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 696 AUD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.