The Master of Science in Internetworking (Extension) at the University of Technology Sydney provides students with a practical, hands-on learning experience using resources provided by Cisco Systems for internetworking, including routing, switching, security and wireless. Advanced electives in internetworking are available. The program covers all aspects of the organisational use of networks: design, implementation, security, management, end systems and applications.
This course prepares students with undergraduate qualifications that are not in the field of ICT, for entry to the workforce as an ICT networking professional. Students who do have ICT qualifications can extend their learning. Students can develop multiple skills across the internetworking field according to interest and elective choices; for example, switching and routing, systems and network management and analysis, network security, mobility and web development. Students have the option of preparing for Cisco CCNA and CCNP certifications within the program.
This program aims to:
- retrain professionals wishing to move into ICT careers in networking
- meet the needs of industry for computer network professionals
- target a number of industry-based certifications: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), and CCNA Security
- provide a thorough and practical grounding in networking, security, network design, administration and management
- provide a solid foundation for the development of web and mobile applications
- prepare students for professional practice through an understanding of project management, professional ethics, and the role of information systems in organisations, and
- meet students' needs by allowing specialisation through project work and subject choice.
Career options include computer network and systems engineer, network administrator, network analyst, and security specialist. Depending upon electives chosen, other career options include applications developer, network architect, cloud computing specialist or network manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- LANS and Routing
- Technology Research Preparation
- Mobile Communications and Computing
- Enabling Enterprise Information Systems
- Project Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Cyber Security View 38 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Technology Sydney and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- It is a requirement that the bachelor's degree was completed with no more than 25 per cent of subjects failed.
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International50064 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1043 AUD per credit during 24 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- Engineering and IT Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS FEIT International Mathematical Olympiad Scholarship Vietnam
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.