The curriculum of the Piano Performance - Collaborative Piano (Musical Theatre) MM program from New York University includes private lessons and course work in music research, history, and literature. While refining your technique, you'll focus on collaborative repertoire, with course work related to diction, vocal pedagogy, and production.
For those with an interest in musical theatre, you may select repertoire classes and study music direction. Two degree recitals are required, reflecting your areas of specialization.
Careers and Outcomes
- Professional possibilities for collaborative pianists working at NYU include accompanying voice lessons and performance classes, collaborating on student degree recitals, private vocal coaching, acting as rehearsal pianist for productions, performing at various NYU concerts and functions, and teaching private piano lessons and keyboard skills.
- You’ll gain the skills necessary to enter this intensely competitive field as a professional music director, including knowledge of the musical theatre repertoire and industry practices, and techniques for coaching vocalists and conducting ensembles.
- Music Reference and Research Materials
- Technological Trends in Music Education
- Aesthetics of Compositional Process in the Symphony
- Contemporary Music
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology Liberal Arts View 592 other Masters in Musicology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at New York University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Statement Of Purpose
- Letters Of Recommendation
- Proficiency in English
- Pre-screening Materials
International80886 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2074 USD per credit during 12 months.
National80886 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2074 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.