The Unscheduled Care - Practice Development program from University of Cumbria aims to enhance and expand their clinical assessment skills, such as history taking and performing physical examinations. Supplementing this, the programme will strengthen the skills needed to make clinical judgements and decisions within healthcare delivery.
You will enhance and expand your current health assessment and clinical decision making skills, in order to meet the increasing demands of the Primary healthcare services you provide. Focussed on the pathway specialism, the PgCert Practice Development enables you to negotiate a short (60 credit) programme of study which provides a coherent progression route, recognising and valuing prior experience and learning.
The programme aims to:
- provide a stimulating and challenging academic and scholarly environment for you to advance your academic and professional development beyond undergraduate level.
- enable you to develop a mastery of complex and specialised knowledge and a critical awareness of issues at the forefront of your field of practice.
- develop systematic skills of objective analysis and evaluation of evidence and develop confidence in appraising and implementing evidence to practice within your sphere of influence
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1019 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- 1st or 2nd class honours degree.
- Students with other qualifications may be admitted to the course, please contact the Enquiry Centre for further details.
- Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) may be considered for relevant prior learning at the same academic level.
- All applicants must be a registered nurse working within the Army.
International1750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA1200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2400 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.