Graduates from the Master of Sustainable Futures (Research) degree at the University of Technology Sydney have consistently achieved excellent examiners' reports from international leaders in their fields. Many have been eligible for the UTS Chancellor's Award, and several have been placed on the Chancellor's List.
The institute aims to support students taking a trans-disciplinary or interdisciplinary approach to research while building on their existing expertise.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse completion requirements:
- Master of Sustainable Futures Thesis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducational Research Sustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 40 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate research studies.
- Previous qualifications must be in a relevant field.
Applications to the Institute for Sustainable Futures are assessed based on the following four criteria:
- professional experience – strength and relevance to the candidate's opportunities (impact)
- research output (quality and impact)
- research proposal (quality)
- academic merit (quality).
The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 7.0 overall with a writing score of 7.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 584-609 overall with TWE of 5.0, internet based: 94-101 overall with a writing score of 27; or AE6: Pass; or PTE: 65-72; or CAE: 185-190.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29370 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14685 AUD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for international students vary between courses and range from A$19,840 to A$34,080 per year.
- For this course, the cost per session is $14,685.
- CSC UTS PhD scholarship
- International Research Scholarship
- International Research Training Program Scholarship (IRTP)
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS President's Scholarship
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.