The Master of Science in Computing Sciences (Research) course at the University of Technology Sydney enables students to advance themselves in their career in computing and information technology, and offers flexibility in the choice of research topic so it may be closely aligned with students' professional careers.
This course enables graduates to extend and deepen their knowledge of a specialised area of computing by undertaking research. The course enables students to advance themselves in their career in computing and information technology, and offers flexibility in the choice of research topic so it may be closely aligned with students' professional careers. Career options include positions in universities and other institutions undertaking research or other academic work, including teaching. Opportunities involving research and development also exist with national and international firms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Course completion requirements:
- Thesis (Computing Science)
- Technology Research Preparation
- Technology Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducational Research Computer Sciences View 96 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate research studies.
- Previous qualifications must have a major computing component. Before submitting a formal application for admission, applicants should seek the approval of a potential supervisor for their proposed research work.
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35880 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17940 AUD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for international students vary between courses and range from A$19,840 to A$34,080 per year.
- For this course, the cost per session is $17,940.
- CSC UTS PhD scholarship
- International Research Scholarship
- International Research Training Program Scholarship (IRTP)
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS President's Scholarship
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.