The Manufacture and Commercialisation of Stem Cell and Gene Therapies program from University College London (UCL) consists of five compulsory taught modules (120 credits) and a compulsory research project (60 credits).
Students will learn the manufacturing and commercial requirements for advanced therapies via lectures, company site visits and extensive practical laboratory training. Leading industry professionals will teach the commercial and regulatory requirements.
Graduates from this MSc will be in high demand due to their breadth of expertise, extensive understanding industrial requirements and problem-solving skills.
Potential roles include senior scientific, R&D, manufacturing and management positions. Given the content of the MSc, the significant commercial exposure and substantial focus on industrial activity, students will develop an extensive professional network.
Since 2017, undergraduate/postgraduate students from our department have secured positions in the advanced therapy sector at UK and global companies including Autolus, GSK, Meira GTx, Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult amongst others. Graduates will be well-positioned to advance their research skills and study for a PhD/EngD.
- Advanced Therapy Manufacture
- Commercialisation, Regulation and Ethics of Advanced Therapies
- Pre-clinical and Clinical Analysis of Advanced Therapies
- Emerging Tools and Technologies for New Medicines
- Core Practical Research Skills
- MSc Advanced Therapy Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences Genetics View 944 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in relevant subject (e.g. Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Environmental Science, Engineering, Chemistry or Business with a Biotechnology component) from a UK university or the equivalent from an approved overseas institution.
- Candidates offering recent industrial experience are also encouraged to apply.
International38000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.