The MSc Wildlife Conservation and Management enables students to specifically focus their studies on global wildlife conservation and management. For those with an inquiring mind, a deeper understanding of scientific principles relevant to solving agri-environmental food security concerns is provided, which in combination with understanding effective policy-making, leads to sustainable management practice. The MSc Wildlife Conservation and Management uniquely integrates the principles of wildlife conservation and zoonotic epidemiology, to underpin the effective management of wildlife populations and ecosystem health.
The programme aims to facilitate the development of students to enable them to provide natural science solutions within a theoretical and social context. Students graduate with a range of skills and experience that makes them highly employable as they develop the ability to problem solve in multiple situations.
Careers & Employability
There are a range of potential employment opportunities for graduates from this programme including government departments, local authorities, county councils, environmental protection agencies and a range of national and international NGOs. In addition, suitable candidates may progress to PhD study.
- Wildlife Conservation
- Data Analysis for Biologists
- Conservation Genetics
- Human Impact on the Environment
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Biological Invasions
- Habitat Evaluation
- Conservation Genetics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Biodiversity & Conservation Environmental Management View 15 other Masters in Environmental Management in Ireland
- Applicants must hold hold the equivalent of a minimum Lower Second Class Honours Degree (NFQ Level 8), or international equivalent, in a Biological Science, Environmental Science, Animal Science, Equine Science or Veterinary Medicine degree programme from a recognised higher education institution.
- Applicants from other disciplines may be considered if they include strong evaluation, analytical and communication skills and have experience of working in the area.
International26400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26400 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9230 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9230 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.