This Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics) programme from Cardiff University offers you the opportunity to participate in a full-time, three-year specialist training programme in Prosthodontics.
What you'll study
The programme has been designed to enhance your lifelong learning skills, aid in developing evidence-based practice, develop advanced clinical skills to enable you to become a mono-specialist in fixed and removable Prosthodontics, and, through acquisitions of research knowledge, skills and the production of a research project, facilitate further career development .
This is a three-year, full-time modular programme. Years one and two consist of four 30-credit modules per year with the final year consists of two 30-credit modules and one dissertation module of 60 credits. Exit awards are available for students successfully completing year one (Postgraduate Certificate) or years one and two (Postgraduate Diploma).
Methods used throughout the programme include self-directed learning and presentation in small groups to encourage a problem based learning method, clinical teaching and instruction, monitoring and support for the clinical portfolio, case review and discussions, guided critical reading and journal clubs and individual research guidance. Clinical, practical and academic skills are assessed throughout this three-year course using both summative and formative assessments. Summative or more formal examinations will be taken at the end of each academic year.
Our teaching is at the forefront of dental education, clinical training and research, and you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from leaders in their respective fields. You’ll have access to some of the finest clinical, educational and research facilities of the top UK Dental School in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
All of this takes place within a friendly, supportive and professional environment within the University Dental Hospital and School in Cardiff, where we do everything we can to ensure you have the very best experience and achieve your academic and clinical goals.
After successfully completing the programme, you will be awarded the MClinDent qualification in Endodontology by Cardiff University and will be eligible to enter the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Membership in Endodontics (MEndo) examination.
On successful completion of the course, you should have the opportunity to pursue a career as a specialist in Prosthodontics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Foundation to Restorative Dentistry with Emphasis on Prosthodontics
- Foundation to Restorative Dentistry with Emphasis on Periodontics
- Foundation to Restorative Dentistry with Emphasis on Endodontics
- Removable Prosthodontics
- Advanced Operative
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry Health Sciences View 127 other Masters in Dentistry in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This course is currently only available to International students.
- You must hold a primary dental qualification (BDS/DDS or equivalent).
- IELTS 7.0 with 6.5 in each subskill no more than 2 years prior to the start of the programme, or
- Evidence of a primary dental qualification that has been taught and examined in English achieved no more than 2 years prior to the start of the programme, or
- Evidence of a pass in a language test for registration with a regulatory authority in a country where the first language is English 2 years prior to the start of the programme, Or
- Evidence of 2 years’ experience of practising in a country where the first language is English.
You will also need to provide:
- one academic reference
- one clinical reference to evidence 2 years' post-qualification experience
- an up-to-date CV
- evidence that you are a registered dental practitioner.
International46200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46200 GBP per year during 36 months.
This course does not currently accept students from the UK/EU.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.